How Direct Purchase Works
If you’re looking for a quick, fair, single payment for the entirety of your collection or for a few key issues, we do purchase comics directly. This page answers most of the common questions we get, but if you have a question that isn’t listed here, feel free to ask.
How do I get started?
If you’d like to get a direct purchase offer on your comics books from ACC, follow these steps:
- Contact us at email@example.com or call (770) 906-8846
- Be prepared to describe what you have in some detail -- if you have a few key issues that you think might have real value, photos are very helpful. If it’s a large collection, let us know approximately how large and what era(s) the books are from. Any background info about how the books were acquired and stored is also helpful.
- We’ll arrange to come see the books or ask you to bring them to our Atlanta warehouse, depending on the circumstances.
- If you have comic books that we think we can bring effectively to market, we’ll make you an offer.
- If you accept that offer, we’ll pay you immediately and take possession of the books.
Are there any kinds of comics you won’t buy?
We’re interested in hearing from anyone with an interest in selling their comics. Of course we can’t buy comics that we can’t sell on the open market (due to condition or other factors). However, since we know the world of comic collecting better than most, we can probably estimate the up to date market value of your collection better than you may be able to. So please – get in touch!
I looked up the value of some of the comics I have in a price guide. Is that what you’ll offer me?
Price guides are just that – guides. The comic book market changes every day and the value of books go up and down just as frequently. The best way to view a priceguide is like a snapshot. The information in them was probably accurate or very close to accurate when it was initially researched, but due to new movie announcements, comic company direction changes, sudden popularity of an artist, etc., a book may easily double in value or decrease in value vs. what it says in even the most recent price guide.
Because we assume all the risk in a direct purchase scenario, we may offer less for comic books than you’ll find in a price guide. However, as there are books with relatively low price guide value that may have gone up since the guide was printed, we may also offer you more than guide price for some comics! It just depends on what’s going on in the market that day.
How quickly can you come look at my comics and make me an offer?
We travel all over the Southeast to acquire new inventory. Previous collections have been purchased from Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi, South Carolina, North Carolina, Florida, South Georgia, Kentucky, Virginia, California, etc. We offer SAME DAY service, however depending on our schedule, it may be next day or slightly longer before we can come to you. The more information you can give us about the collection (keys, age, quantity, desired $, etc.) will always help us provide faster service. For example, if you have the first appearance of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, The Fantastic Four, etc., there isn't much that would stand in our way of us getting to you as fast as you'd like.
I have a question you didn’t answer here.
Get in touch! We love talking with fellow comic book collectors.